Today’s guest is Alyson Young, a full-time movement professional in New York City who I became friends with when we went through an advanced yoga teacher training together.
Alyson started as a dancer and fell into the fitness world as a group fitness instructor and personal trainer to pay her bills. At one time that meant working 7 jobs at once to make ends meet!
She shares how she found a more sustainable path–one that allowed for some downtime AND gave her overworked body a rest! Plus, her thoughts on diet culture, how an undiagnosed eating disorder informs her perspective as a fitness professional, and advice to others interested in this career path.
It’s a great reminder that there’s no one-size-fits-all approach to fitness or creating a fulfilling and sustainable career.
To connect with Alyson –
Perks for the listeners: Get the one-month subscription of Alyson’s Mindful Moves Program for FREE using this code: HERPATH.
Mindful Moves Program includes:
- Mindful Moves program: Get 1 month free with code: HERPATH
- 1 live Yoga class Saturdays from 10-10:45am
- A strength program every month which includes 2 written strength workouts with exercise demonstration videos
- 1 pop up live Pilates Fusion class per month
- Access to over 75 previously live on-demand class
- Access to bonus recorded material including express classes
- A private Facebook group